Sunday, March 15, 2009

Off On a Tangent

When I first started this blog, I was thinking I would mostly just post our family updates on here. But now I've decided to use the blog as a tool to keep me writing every day (or almost every day, anyway)--a sort of motivator to get me psyched up about trying to get published again. So bear with me if I get carried away and rant and rave once in a while. :0)

This past weekend was a good one. It was the first Saturday in a long time that John didn't have to work the whole day. (He only went in for about an hour.) We decided to spend a good chunk of the day shopping for something we have desperately needed around here for a long time--a new vacuum cleaner.

And we got one!!! (If you ever saw or heard our old one--which John had before we got married--you would know why this is so exciting for me!)

We got a Dyson bagless vacuum. The thing's about as heavy as Jacob is, but it's ten times easier to push around than the old one was. John put it together when we got it home, and I used it that very afternoon. And after seeing all the crud that bad boy picked up, I'm seriously starting to wonder if our floors have ever been clean. (Maybe now the boys won't have quite so many allergy flare ups.) Jonathan reacted the way he always reacts to the vacuum--he screamed bloody murder. We found out just this morning that he doesn't like the iron, either. He freaks out when it hisses as it releases steam when you stand it up. I don't know why things like that freak him out so much. I think this next weekend, I'm going to attempt to get him to help me vacuum. (He likes to help me sweep, so I figure it's worth a shot.) Maybe then he won't be so scared of it. I don't know what to do about the iron, though...

Not only did we get a new vacuum, we also got a new coffee maker and a broom. I have a Swiffer that I use in my kitchen and entry way, but I figure we can use this new broom for things like sweeping off the front porch when Jonathan gets into the flower pot.

I think we're also going to attempt to have a garage sale this next weekend. We've got so much junk around here. We might as well clear some of it out and make more room for the four of us! Jonathan surprised his Sunday School teacher today by saying something along the lines of "Debbie, more." One, I don't think she even knew he could say her name; and two, I'm pretty sure she's never heard him put that many words together in one sentence before! His vocabulary gets more amazing with every day that passes. As do the little things that seem to amuse him nowadays. (He's discovered that he can pee-pee in the bathtub, and apparently that is hilarious.) Jacob has two more teeth coming down. I hate that he cuts so many at one time; the poor guy is miserable. We're finally just about done with the breathing treatments, though! (Yeah!!! No more getting up in the middle of the night--at least not to do a breathing treatment!) I'm giving him one more in the morning, and then, unless his symptoms start showing back up, I'm not giving him any more. He's been doing great, and right now the treatments are spaced to every 12 hours. But I really do not want to keep going with the whole "add an hour a day to the time between treatments" routine. I'd go nuts trying to keep the hours straight. Plus, I don't really think he needs the treatments if he's not symptomatic. Anyway...

I think I've ranted and raved long enough for one night. The dryer is dinging to let me know the clothes are just about dry, and I should probably go and drag the laundry in. I really don't want to, though... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment