Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blessings From Heaven

A guy in our Sunday School class this last Sunday said that all too often we focus on what we want God to do for us. We don't stop and reflect enough on what He has already done for us. I think that is so true. And that's the purpose of this post. These are some of the things that I consider blessings from the Lord, and every time I see this it will remind me to stop and thank God for all the wonderful things I have in my life.

  • My salvation, and the hope I have in my Lord Jesus Christ.
  • A loving husband who works hard to provide for his family, and who has the courage to do what he feels God wants him to do--even if it scares him a little.
  • Two incredible little boys and an awesome responsibility to bring them up to be the kind of men God wants them to be.
  • Godly parents who brought me up in a Christian home.
  • An amazing network of family and friends who love me, care about me, and pray for me.
  • The smell of rain that lingers after a thunderstorm.
  • My husband's laugh.
  • My boys' smiles.
  • The feel of sunshine on my face.
  • An awesome view to look at no matter where I turn.
  • Freedom.
  • A roof over my head.
  • Enough money to pay the bills.
  • Food on the table.
  • Clothes on my back.
  • My boys have everything they need (and a lot that they don't!).

No comments:

Post a Comment