Thursday, March 12, 2009

The End of the Line







John and I were talking the other night, and we came to the realization that we are most likely at the end of the line when it comes to having more children. John would still very much like to have a little girl, but deep down we both know that we would most likely end up with a third boy. (Boys are rampant on both sides of the family!) John's schedule is not going to get any lighter. If anything, it is only going to get more hectic. He told me (and I really appreciated this) that he didn't think it was fair to leave me home alone with three small children while he's gone so much of the time. There are many days I feel like a single parent now! I can't imagine handling three pretty much on my own; sometimes I feel like I can barely handle two! I don't know that we've closed the door entirely on having more kids, but right now we're both pretty happy with just the two. We've got two very special little guys, and we wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!



Both of the little bugars decided they needed to take on growth spurts--at the same time! Both of our couches have been buried in clothes for the last two or three days now. (I've lost count of exactly how many days ago I dragged the clothes out.) Cleaning out Jacob's dresser and closet has been the hardest part for me. With the stuff Jonathan has outgrown, I can just put it away until Jacob is big enough to fit into it. But with the stuff Jacob has outgrown...
It's just kinda sad to think that I might be putting it away for the last time. There's something very final about it that I just wasn't expecting.



Anyway, that was pretty much our week at the Merriss house. John has been on a cross-county road trip all week (a new audit in a new county every day for the last three or four days--talk about crazy!). A couple of days this week he didn't come home until 7:00 PM or later. It's supposed to snow here tomorrow. Can you belive it?! Spring-like temperatures for the last week or two, and now winter again! I wish the weather would make up its mind. Oh well, that's what we get for living in the panhandle, I guess. Maybe I can get the boys out for a little fresh air--for a few minutes anyway. Maybe there'll be just enough snow that Jonathan can build his first snowman!

1 comment:

  1. You most definitely have two VERY SPECIAL little boys!! They are so precious and so much fun to be around! It's so sad to go through clothes. I cry every time I have to put away some of the girls' clothes, but... you know me. Have a great week and, hopefully, we can get together sometime in the next few days!! Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete