Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Cleaning

John and I got to have a date for the first time in I don't know how long last night! It was awesome! We got to get away for a few hours and catch a movie, then after the boys went to bed John got us some dinner and we got to have a nice, quiet evening to ourselves. Unfortunately, when I woke up this morning I came face to face with a big load of housework just waiting to be done.

I've got to brag on Jonathan, though. I ran the vacuum cleaner and he didn't have a total meltdown. He followed me around the house for a few minutes, screaming at me as I covered the floor with carpet freshner; and he screamed when I pulled the vacuum cleaner out of the closet. Once I turned it on and told him that was as loud as it was going to get, he actually calmed down. He moved anytime I came near him, pretty much going out of his way to avoid the monster. When I asked if he wanted to help me push it, he said no and backed away, but he let me finish the job and didn't scream and holler through the whole thing. And I'm happy because I feel like my house is a little bit cleaner. (I also didn't have to stop three times to empty the canister this time!) I got a lot done this morning, too. I got every room picked up a little bit (including Jacob's) except for our room, and there's still some laundry piled up that I need to take care of. All in all, not too bad for an hour and a half's worth of work.

Jonathan seems to be over his fever now. (Looks like it was just a 24-hr. thing.) My dad got back from his trip on Saturday. He brought back a Superman cape for Jonathan! He won it at Six Flags, playing one of those games where people try to guess your age. It's a little long on Jonathan, but he likes to put it on and run around in it anyway. Jacob still seems to be doing okay. So far no relapse, thank goodness. We switched him to a new formula (Similac) to see if that would help with his acid reflux. He spit up a little for two or three days, but since then he hasn't spit up in over a week. Looks like maybe that was exactly what he needed. For those of you who have been curious, John is still waiting on his test grade. We'll be sure to let everyone know when he gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment