Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Friends, Good Fun

Last night was a lot of fun for our family. A friend from Kansas was in town, and we got together with her and her daughter, and our good friends the Hanna family. We all met for dinner and had a chance to just hang out and get caught up on each other's lives. We'll all be getting together again--with even more friends--this summer for a friend reunion. There are going to be five couples, plus all of our children. We all have at least two kids, which means there are probably going to be more children than adults at this gathering! And, we realized last night, there are going to be five one-year-olds present!!! (We're having a big group picture made, too!) It may get a little bit crazy, but I think we're going to have a lot of fun.

Something interesting happened at our house yesterday. Actually, it happened once before as well, but I was pregnant with Jacob then. A bird got stuck in our window!!! One of our living room windows facing the backyard is designed in a way that the outside glass doesn't reach all the way to the top. The screen has been removed, and then there's the inside glass that does go all the way up. (That probably doesn't make any sense, but it's the best description I can give you.) So basically, the little birdie flew in through the top, couldn't get enough height to get back out the same way he came in, and got trapped between two pieces of glass. When this happened while I was still pregnant, I freaked out. I was so scared the poor little bird (and I was sure it was a baby bird, too) was going to die in there. I called John crying because I didn't know what to do. Bemused, he came home, examined the situation, asked for a pillow case, opened the inside window (after wrestling with it awhile--that thing is hard to open), gently grabbed the little bird, and took it outside to let it go. I didn't cry when it happened this time, but I did call John to ask if he thought the bird would be okay until he got home from work. John did exactly what he did last time--he made a special trip home to rescue the birdie for me! :) (Awww!!!)

Anyway, here we are, watching the Cars movie for the sixth time this week. (I'm going to have it memorized before long!) It's the first day of Spring (my favorite time of year--except for the severe weather part of it)! The only problem is that it's foggy right now (though the sun is trying to peak through the clouds), so it feels kind of gloomy (to me, anyway), and it's supposed to rain as we move into the weekend. So naturally, we've had to postpone this garage sale we've been wanting to have. I think we're going to try and have it sometime in the next couple of weeks instead.

My dad (along with the rest of our church staff and our youth group) comes home from the Port Arthur mission trip tomorrow!!! They got to spend the day at Six Flags yesterday. (They didn't tell the youth they were doing that until like Thursday night, though.) We're praying they have a safe return home. Jonathan is looking forward to seeing his Paw-Paw Davis again! (It's been a whole week, after all!)

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time with you all the other night!!! I worry about our sanity with 11 kids and 10 adults in August, but we will make due!! Hope all is great. Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete