Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Special Treat

It's nice and quiet around here. The boys are both down for a nap, and I've finally got a little time to myself. It feels good to sit and relax after spending the whole morning on Jacob's room. I've been trying to tackle that mess of a job for eight months now! It's such a relief to finally have the room back in shape. Now if I could just get the master bedroom under control...

We had a nice treat today. John had to be out at a client's office this morning and, since the client's office was so close to home, he came home and took us all out to lunch! We were going to go to McDonald's so Jonathan could hang out in the PlayLand, but I had to give Jacob a bottle before we left so he wouldn't be cranky the whole way there. By the time we got to McDonald's, it was already insane because of the high school lunch rush. Since John only had an hour for lunch, we went across the street to Burger King instead. It was a lot of fun, though (in spite of the fact that they left all the mayo off my chicken sandwich!). Jonathan wanted to try his hand at a hamburger for once, instead of his usual chicken nuggets (and he did quite well with the burger), and Jacob was determined to get at either my chicken sandwich or my fries. And of course, we left with yet another new hat for Jonathan--a king's crown! But the highlight of the day was that Jonathan got to spend a little quality time with his daddy. After all, that was the whole point of the lunch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment