Saturday, August 15, 2009

One Year And Counting...!

Wow! It's unreal to me that a whole year has already gone by! Jake had his 12-month check up this last Thursday. His pediatrician says he is doing wonderful! She actually laughed when she came in the room. She said he looks like he's so much bigger, but he's actually only in the 25th percentile for both height and weight. He's maintaining consistently, though, and that's the important thing. Little man weighed in at just a few ounces shy of the 22 pound mark, and he's 28 in. long. He's completely off the bottle now, and doing fantastic on whole milk. He eats only table food, and I am thrilled beyond words that Jake is soooo not a picky eater! He loves vegetables (green beans and carrots are his favorites), pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches, shrimp, chicken, and most especially...french fries! :) He's even starting to walk some now!!! He'll take cautious steps as long as he's holding on to something, so now we've got to work at helping find the courage to take those steps without holding on. The doc says it's just a matter of when he's ready to go for it. The little fellow can even climb a little now! (So not looking forward to the next few months as those climbing skills become more advanced.) He has to wear swimpants in the tub now, though. I'll just leave up to you to figure out why...

The rest of us are doing great, too! I think Jonathan's potty training is finally complete!!! He announces (loudly) when he needs to go. He seldom has any accidents anymore--I think I've only counted about 2 in the last month or so. He's even to the point where he tries to go by himself! (I've been looking forward to this point for quite some time, but strangely now that it's here, I'm not too sure I'm ready for this.) Jonathan starts AWANA (a Bible club for kids) as a Cubbie in just a couple of weeks. His vocabulary has grown so much over the past few months. That boy talks in both phrases and complete thoughts now, and most of it even makes sense most of the time! His climbing skills are becoming more advanced, too. He can climb on top of his toy box now. He likes to get up there so he can see out the window. We have to keep a pretty close eye on him, though; he likes to climb on his dresser, too, and that's just a little too dangerous. John's job is going well--keeping him busy. Now that we're fast approaching Fall, audit season is kicking into full swing. He's been taking golf lessons for about the last month. His last lesson is this afternoon. The lessons seem to be helping him improve his game. He really seems to enjoy golf, and that makes me happy. :) And as for me, I'm still enjoying being a stay-at-home mom. I love watching my boys grow and learn a little more every day. I am so blessed in so many ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment