Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jacob's 1st Birthday

Well, it's official. My baby boy turned one last Wednesday. It was kind of bittersweet, really. It's so hard to believe that a whole year has already gone by. Jakey's birthday was on July 29, but we offically celebrated with a little family get together at my parents' house on August 1. Instead of a cake, my mom and I baked cupcakes for the occcasion--Rainbow Party Sprinkles topped with vanilla frosting. (We figured cupcakes would be easier for a little one to handle.) Everything turned out really nice. The only downside was that the day before his party, Jacob came down with a bit of a fever, which he ran all weekend long. Needless to say, the birthday boy didn't feel so great at his own party. He was not nearly as grumpy as I thought he was going to be, though. Mostly I think he was just tired that day. He's cutting all four of his molars at one time. (Yeah, fun times!) We've also good friends come into town over the last week, and we've been blessed to be able to spend a little time with them. We're having a big reunion dinner tomorrow night--complete with group pictures and everything. I have pics from Jacob's party, and there will also be the studio pics and pics from all the get-togethers with our friends. I'll get them all posted just as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment