Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Family Update

Well, it's official. My baby boy is now an AWANA Cubbie! Registration Night was last night. Jonathan got to check out his classroom, meet all his teachers (whom fortunately he already knew from Vacation Bible School), say hi to all his friends, and have pizza and root beer. I think he's going to do well. The official first night of AWANA is next Wednesday, and that will be the true test. That night we'll actually have to line up, do pledges and have prayer time, and have game time as well as being in the classroom. The guy who leads the opening time as well as game time (Mr. T, as all the kids affectionately call him) is a large man with a loud, projecting voice. Jonthan used to freak out any time he so much as heard Mr. T's voice; he still keeps a close eye on Mr. T, but he'll give him a little fist bump every time they cross paths now. (Hey, at least we're making some kind of progress...") I'm teaching the Sparkies again this year, so I won't be far off he needs reassuring or something like that. I don't want to baby him, though. I want him to get used to being away from Mommy. Since my child is attending AWANA, I feel like I should be helping out the with program, but I don't want to hover over my child. I think he'll be better off if Mommy's not always in the same room all the time. It'll give him a little taste of freedom in a sense. He's just growing up so fast...

Jacob is still in the nursery for at least another year. Next Fall, he'll be big enough to go into a Sunday School class. Then it'll be his turn for Vacation Bible School, AWANA, and on down the line. We've got to get that boy walking, first, though. It won't be long; it's just a matter of when he wants to take off...

I found out a new law goes into effect this September. Turns out both my boys will have to be in car/booster seats until they hit about 4'9'' tall or turn 8 years old. I'm really not too happy about that one; I think that's a bit too long to be in a car seat. Maybe that's just because I wasn't in a car seat for that long, I don't know. But still...

The Coffee Memorial Blood Bus was at our church last night. John gives blood quite regularly and this year he talked me into giving, too. I figured if I could survive all the blood tests I had to endure during both my pregnancies, I could survive giving voluntarily. I went through all the personal questions, the physical, the finger prick--everything--only to find out that they couldn't take my blood. I'm about two pounds too light to donate. Isn't that crazy?!? I guess they just didn't want to run the risk of me passing out on them or something like that. I still got to cast my vote in the Boots Vs. Badges contest (Firefighters against Law Enforcement), though, and I got a spiffy T-Shirt. Incredibly, they wouldn't take John's blood, either. They said his temperature was too high. (He had an elevated temp. of 99.6, but he said he felt fine and he didn't even feel warm to the touch. How bizarre...)

Anyway, that's about all that's going on with us right now. Love and hugs to all our family and friends! We hope you're all doing well! :) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment