Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

This was my third Mother's Day, and I just have to say I think it was the best one yet! My gift from John and the boys arrived at our door on Thursday afternoon: two dozen beautiful red roses, bubble bath, shower gel, bath caviar, and a little box of chocolates! (Do my guys know how to spoil me or what?!?) Jonathan and Jacob even made cards for me with their little handprints on them. During our worship service Sunday morning we had a dedication ceremony for all the parents who wanted to dedicate their babies ages two and under. (This is something our church has done for the past several years now.) John and I were thrilled to dedicate Jonathan on the Mother's Day after he was born, and this year we were just as thrilled to dedicate Jacob. There's just something about dedicating your child on Mother's Day that makes that day extra special. For lunch we all went to my Nana's house and my dad made steaks on the grill. For Mother's Day presents this year John and I got our moms little heart-shaped music boxes (I'm not sure I could even tell you now what song they played), and we also got our grandmothers a little something. My grandmothers each got a little heart-shaped plaque with a special saying on it, and since this was John's first Mother's Day with his biological grandmother, she got something a litte more special--a jewelry box that plays music and has a special saying about grandmothers on it. After lunch we spent the afternoon delivering all the gifts, then we headed up to the hospital. Our music minister's wife got an extra special Mother's Day gift this year--a brand new baby boy! It was a long day--for all of us--but it was a good one. We hope all of the mothers in our lives had a good Mother's Day. You're all so precious to us, and we love you very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment