Monday, May 25, 2009

Family Update/Memorial Day



A little Father/Son study time...






Watching morning cartoons together in the laundry basket.






He took a chunk out of a crayon and got mad when Mommy took it away.




Move over, Backstreet Boys!
Just in case you haven't already heard, John finally got his grade back on the section of his CPA exam that he took back in April. It is my privilege to announce that HE PASSED!!! He got an 82! He takes the last two sections this weekend--one on Friday (he has to go to Lubbock for this one), the other on Saturday. If he passes these two sections he'll be all done! We are so grateful to all of you who have supported John and kept him in your prayers all this time. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family members and friends in our lives.
My dad called from Israel yesterday. (Only four more days until he comes home!!!) We passed the phone around and even let Jonathan talk to his Paw-Paw. It was one of the sweetest moments! I wasn't sure if Jonathan would actually talk to him, but he carried on a full conversation. Of course, I was only able to hear one side--mostly "Yeahs" and "Okays", and he even ended with "I love you" and "Bye." I asked my dad if Jonathan actually seemed to understand him and he said that Jonathan responded appropriately to every question. His talking is really improving!
Jacob is officially crawling, and he is all over creation! He discovered the dog's food and water bowls the other day. I walked into the kitchen just in time to catch him take the water bowl and pour it all over himself! I was hoping at least one of our children would ignore those bowls, but (unfortunately) it looks like both of our boys have been fascinated by them.
Today was Memorial Day. Usually our family has a cookout or something, but with my dad being gone and John having to spend the day studying, we didn't plan anything special this year. The boys and I put on patriotic shirts, and we went with my mom and my Nana out to the cemetery to visit my Paw-Paw and put flowers on his grave. Since he was a Vet, we took a small flag to put out. Jonathan got to hold onto it until Nana was ready to put it in with the flowers. It was kind of a special time for me because I haven't been out to the cemetery in a while, and it was the first time the boys got to "meet" Mommy's Paw-Paw. Afterwards, the boys and I went out to eat with Nana, and Mom got ready to go to her parents' (Grandmama & Granddaddy) house. At the restaraunt, Nana called my cousin, Lacy, on her cell. We got her voice mail, and Jonathan left a special message for Cousin Lacy: "Hi, Lacy."



No comments:

Post a Comment