Friday, May 15, 2009

Milestones

Well, Jacob has achieved another new milestone in his young life. Little man is now officially mobile! He finally started crawling the other day!!! I am so proud of him. The little guy has been working so hard lately to get his chubby little legs to cooperate with him, and he finally tasted the victory of success! I have a short video of him starting to crawl for the first time. The video on our camera doesn't record sound, though, and Jakey gets a little shy when the camera is on him. I can't find the USB that connects the camera to the computer at this moment, but as soon as I find it, I will post the video as well as a few new pics of the boys at play. Now if I could just keep the boy away from our glass coffee table...
I'm nervous now because both of my boys are going to be constantly on the move. I now have not just one I have to keep constant tabs on, but two. I see good times ahead! Oh, and one thing more--Jacob finally got two more teeth in on the bottom! Now he's evened out: 4 on top, 4 on bottom.

Jonathan has a new game he likes to play--"boucnin' on Mommy!" (It's really more like tackling than bouncing...) I thought rough-housing was something boys did with their daddies. Jonathan will rough-house with John somewhat, but lately I'm the one he likes to pounce on. It's fun for a while, but I don't know how much more of it my poor body can take. I think I'm going have to nip this particular game in the bud before somebody gets hurt. "It's all fun and games..."

John is set to take two sections of his CPA exam this month. He takes one on Friday, the 29th (he has to go to Lubbock for that one) and another on Saturday, the 30th. If he passed the last section he took (which he still has no grade on), and if he passes these next two sections and the grades come back in time (it only gives them 3 weeks to get both grades back)--he will be completely done and will officially be a CPA!!! Please pray that God will give John the strength that he needs to get through this and (should it come to this) the will to keep pressing on.

We are less than a month away from Marshall & Kristin's wedding! John's already been fitted for his tux, and he's already booked our hotel room for that weekend. Vacation Bible School starts the Sunday we come home, and I'm teaching a 1st & 2nd grade class. We'll probably get back into town around 2:00 that afternoon, and that will leave me with three and a half hours to get my room decorated and line up with my kiddos to march in. Whoo-hooo! This will be Jonathan's first real year in VBS, and I hope that he's going to have a wonderful time. My dad's in Israel right now. (This is like his fifth time over there.) He went so he'd learn how to lead a group on his own, which he's planning to do Spring Break of 2010. I got an e-mail from him this morning, and he's having a blast!

Love to all our family and friends out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment