Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Midland & A Movie Weekend

This past weekend at the Merriss house was a long one. John's brother is getting married in June, so his mom and I went to Midland for the bridal shower. We spent four hours in the car, another four hours in Midland, and then four more hours in the car on the way back home. It made for a long, exhausting day but we had a good time. Kristin is a lovely girl, and I'm looking forward to having her for a sister-in-law.

John got the boys all day while I was gone. It was kind of a mixed blessing for me. On the one hand, I had a long break from the boys; on the other hand, I'm so used to having one kid attached to my hip and the other attached to my hand that I didn't really know what to do with myself. They didn't give Daddy too much trouble until about dinnertime. It was then that they decided to melt down. In the end, I knew John would be able to handle it. He's a terrific father. I don't think he's ever going to let me go away all day like that again, though (lol)!

Our church had a movie night this past Sunday. We watched the movie "Fireproof", starring Kirk Cameron. This was like the third or fourth time John and I have seen the movie. We highly recommend it for anyone who is married or even thinking about getting married. When we came home, we brought all the cheese and chili that was leftover from the concession stand with us. We've got enough to last us about a month! Anyway, "Fireproof" is an awesome movie with a really powerful message. We're doing a small group Bible Study based on the movie starting this week. John and I are leading a Sunday morning session. (Please keep us in your prayers!) It's a six week study, and I'm really excited about it. I think it's going to be awesome!

This Friday John is sitting for another section of his exam, then we're off to Lubbock for the weekend! It'll be the boys' first time in a hotel. We're planning to take them to Science Spectrum on Saturday. I've only been once myself, and that was about 14 years ago. I hope it will be a lot of fun for the kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! A break for mommy! It's good to get away every once in a while. We'll be praying for john!

    ReplyDelete