Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just Blowin' Off Steam

It's been a couple of days since I last posted. Things have been pretty hectic around our house this past week. Jacob wasn't sleeping too good there for a couple of nights, but he seems to be getting back on track now. I have been worried sick about him relapsing, and I came to the conclusion just a little while ago that I cannot sit here and just stress about it. I will go nuts!!! (I've been putting my ear to his back the last couple of nights, trying to detect the slightest hint of a whistle--even though he's not showing any symptoms of the bronchitus. I even threw in a breathing treatment this morning, just to see if I could hear a change in his breathing. I couldn't.) I'm just going to have to relax. If he starts to get sick (I keep trying to tell myself, anyway), he'll show some kind of symptom and I can go from there. As long as he's symptom-free and he's breathing counts are normal, why should I stress out about it and keep that poor little baby from just being a baby?!

We got the bill in from Jacob's hospital stay the other day. (I have been dreading this one.) My wonderful husband made a few quick phone calls for me, and we found out that we can get this bill tacked on to one we're already paying (from when I was in the hospital this past December) without seeing an increase in our current payments. You have no idea what a relief this is for me! We are praying nothing like this happens again. Jacob has a check-up next month; we're praying he comes out of it with a clean bill of health. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jonathan's birthday is practically here!!! Our little guy turns 3 next weekend! (Can you believe it?!) Now if I could just get it in gear and get his party rolling... It was one year ago this week that we moved him from the crib to his toddler bed. And over the course of that year, the little squirt has been in our bed more than he's been in his own! If anyone has any advice on getting a toddler to go to sleep in his own bed--and getting him to stay there all night--I'm all ears. We've tried putting him back in his bed when he comes in our room, and anywhere from a few minutes to an hour later, he's right back in our bed! I may just have to cave in to John's suggestion to put a baby gate up... Just not sure if I can do that.

Poor John. That's really all I can say about him right now. He's been working like mad to get those overtime hours in. He's going to come pretty darn tootin' close. If Jacob hadn't gone into the hospital for two and a half days, he'd make the hours right on. (I don't think they'll give him a hard time about missing the hours because his son was sick.) He and I are both ready for tax season to be over. Only about a week and a half or so to go!!! After tax season winds down and John sits for another section of his exam, we're planning to join up with some good friends of ours and take our kids on a road trip to Lubbock. Not exactly a trip to the Bahamas, but it's a start. :)

1 comment:

  1. Let's try out Lubbock before the Bahamas, but, if we can talk our husbands into taking us to the Bahamas... I'm up for it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete