Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jacob's 2nd Birthday


My boys.




Balloon Time!!!




This was just way too cute!




The donut cake.




The birthday boy!!




Opening presents.



So that's it. My baby is two years old now. I don't have babies anymore. I now have a preschooler and a toddler. It's kind of bittersweet, really.

We celebrated Jacob's 2nd birthday with a party at Donut Stop. It was wonderful. It wasn't very expensive, and I didn't have to do a single thing! And I think all the kiddos had a pretty good time. He had his 2 year check-up this past Friday. He's doing great! He's in the 25th-50th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for height in his age group, so he's pretty average right now. He's speaking pretty well. He's not necessarily speaking the 100+ words most kids have by age 2, but he's saying more than Jonathan did at that age. And he put together his first 2-word sentence the other day. He held up his foot to Daddy and said, "Do this." (Translation: "Play 'This Little Piggy'.") He's incredibly strong-willed. The "terrible twos" have definitely hit. And look out potty-training, here we come.

I have one more year to be home all day with Jonathan. Around this time next year he starts kindergarten, and then it'll be just Jacob and me--something Jacob has never experienced. I don't know if I'm ready for that or not, but it's coming. It's just around the corner. My kids are growing up so very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment